133 replies to this topic

#21 GW-Project

GW-Project

We're here because we care <3

• Members
  • 2,801 posts
  • LocationFrom the Universe with Love

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:50 AM

^ Wow, I missed a massive source of intel there! Care to (re)-tell what you where in hospital for? I hope it's nothing severe. If anything, please update us on how you're doing instead of the other way around! I really hope you didn't suffer any risks and that you're not in too much pain, depending on what to expect from the procedure :) Well wishes!

Trying to stay sane is like a full-time hobby

#22 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:16 AM

I'm frequently thinking about alcohol and having cravings, but it will be another 0 today. These days are passing soooo slowly. I hate having to sit here and feel, but I wouldn't feel that much better if I drank anyway I guess.

#23 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

^ Shit I ran out of likes again... but I love your spirit and I wanted to say how proud I am, in advance, of another zero on your December list :) :wub:

• letsholdhands likes this

#24 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:40 AM

Thank you  :wub:

#25 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:57 AM

I ran out of the vodka I bought on Monday afternoon and this weekend I'll be with family,,, Real curious how two days of sobering up and thinking things through will serve me

#26 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:59 AM

Good luck  :) 

Another 0

• GW-Project likes this

#27 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

Today was easy even though everyone around me was having drinks... I don't drink wine or beer anyway, so that helps.

#28 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

I expect today to be harder because we're going to my grandmother's. She is a "secret" drunk - as in: everyone knows it but it's never "out there" and I feel she tries to justify it by encouraging us to have something as well. She started doing so when we were way underage! ...and she won't just offer once, she'll offer as often as she gets 'round to you... oh and mentioning my medication won't work, she takes psychotropic meds herself and has been a nurse in a mental hospital for 20 years

#29 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:37 AM

That sounds both awkward and difficult for everyone.. I was in the same situation when I was 12 and visiting my aunt who was an alcoholic and now recovering. Always had a mug in her hand.. it was the dirty little secret. I hope it goes ok for you.

Edited by letsholdhands, 07 December 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#30 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

Thank you, I'll debrief you guys on what it was like. I mean, the general get-together might still be nice.

#31 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

1 week done. 1 long week. :)  

I'm pushing to stay free until the 24th which is when my xmas celebrations begin. 

• Nook likes this

#32 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

Wow, I had noticed all your zero's but I didn't realize a full week had passed by already. I think this is excellent proof that you will full well make it to the 24th...also think it's good that you have a "deadline" to look forward to :) If I would be told to never drink again, I would probably hit the first liquor store I could find. It just works adversely to have an indefinite period of days to go. Well done:D

#33 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:16 AM

As if faith would have it... I was with family to play a silly gift exchange game (a Dutch holiday addition to Christmas, long story)...and the gift that ends up in my possession is a cute mug and a 0,1 L little bottle of Stroh (80% vol., no typo). It's half empty now.

(we were with quite a large group so I could easily have exchanged gifts after the game...but I so did not want to...I know it's a silly game but it felt like winning the lottery. Where else would I have gotten liquor after 6 on a Sunday around here?)

#34 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:40 AM

Thank you. I really need that end point to reach, like you said, knowing I couldn't ever drink would drive me insane. My body has to be given a break because for the whole year I have been drinking too much. 

At least it's just a small bottle? 

#35 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

It's already empty *blank face*

#36 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,981 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

Letsholdhands you are doing so well! Good luck with your goal. I know you can do it and I hope you feel better for it!

Gw, I'm sorry things continue to be difficult for you. It seems the weekend was a big one for you. I hope you are doing ok and can look after yourself. Are you still checking in with your gp regularly? Stay safe ((hugs))

I'm doing ok. Recovering pretty well from the surgery. Just waiting for the device to.hopefully start working. I've got another week of the trial to go. Doing ok alcohol wise. Pretty determined to beat this. Drank a bottle of wine on Sunday :( and have had massive urges the last couple of days... But managing to fight them at least :)

6/9

#37 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:42 AM

^ Thank you for being so interested in me, since I seem to be on a losing streak. I am safe and not safe at the same time. I mean, I feel good enough, but after posting something in the Health-part of this forum it has been pointed out to me that I may suffer liver and/or kidney damage. I see my GP every other week. Christmas is going to be hard because I won't get to see her until January, which sounds dramatic (to me) when really, we're going on half December anyways. It's just that holidays = family = trouble and triggers. 

At any rate, I am seeing my therapist in 1,5 hour and while she is not a GP, she knows her business. There is at least some support quite literally around the corner. It's 8:38 AM now. I started drinking since 7:45. I'm now sticking to tea, brushing my teeth extraordinarily well, and hoping she won't pick up on it... which is a case of me deluding myself. Of course she will notice that I'm under the influence. So yeah, there might be another IP conversation coming up with my "multidisciplinary" team (as they like to call themselves).

#38 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

Letsholdhands you are doing so well! Good luck with your goal. I know you can do it and I hope you feel better for it!

Gw, I'm sorry things continue to be difficult for you. It seems the weekend was a big one for you. I hope you are doing ok and can look after yourself. Are you still checking in with your gp regularly? Stay safe ((hugs))

I'm doing ok. Recovering pretty well from the surgery. Just waiting for the device to.hopefully start working. I've got another week of the trial to go. Doing ok alcohol wise. Pretty determined to beat this. Drank a bottle of wine on Sunday :( and have had massive urges the last couple of days... But managing to fight them at least :)

6/9

Nook, thank you  :)  
You are amazing for fighting for what you know is best for you. Give yourself plenty of rest.

Monday and Tuesday free.

• Nook and GW-Project like this

#39 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,981 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

^ you are incredible!

Gw, sounds like you are still in a really concerning position. I hope that you and your support system can find a way to keep you safe, in a way that also allows you to feel safe. I think Christmas is particularly challenging, especially as most of our supports disappear over that period (fair enough. They deserve it. But it makes it incredibly hard for us!) I hope you can come up with some way to look after you through all this.

I really wanted to go to the pub yesterday... Managed to fight that urge and get through another alcohol free day :)

7/10
  • GW-Project and letsholdhands like this

#40 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:28 AM

It's funny you should say that nook. My massage therapist and general therapist told me the exact same thing these past days: It's time to take care of nook now" (my name is spelled differently but it is pronounced as your username :))

• Nook likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq