110 replies to this topic

#1 taggle

taggle

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:24 PM

We had one of these on the old site, right?

I remember Mikki posting about her lasagnes... <3

I barely seem to actually even enjoy food anymore like I did in the early years but yeah.. still got those phases and obsession foods, so for me atm, it's:

Family packs of frozen ravioli with tomato sauce

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

Chicken caesar wraps and also wraps with russian dressing

Nachos

Hershey's miniatures and reese's cups

B&J ice cream

#2 KatieFrank

KatieFrank

Raptor Squad for life.

• Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationNW UK

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

Ice Cream.

.Halloween all day every day.

Bbs9lGm.gif

facilis decensus averni

49 .:. 0/5

#3 azureice

azureice

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Locationaustin, tx

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:44 AM

Storebrand honeynut chex, granola, or special K.
sunflower kernels.
$1 french bread loafs.
Chocolate mint clif bars as markers.
$1 cookies.
motherfucking candycorn, so stupid b/c it is sugar very risky to partially absorb, hopefully ill stop since halloween's over. I mean there's a 10 oz bag in my car right now. With so many other things. But. Hopefully i'll slow down my 2-12 lb a week candy corn rate. Ugh, self. Ugh.

My housing situation changed, so, i dont have the kitchen alone to myself pretty much ever. That's affecting some of my choices.
31, 24.75, 33. BMI-17.5ish.
trying to maintain for now.

#4 Mikki

Mikki

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 6,284 posts
  • LocationUp north

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:21 AM

Hah, it's been ages since I made lasagna. It's been all about bread and cakes etc for a while, I just recently started cooking again. So I can have huge amounts of food cheaper.

I am going through a serious Indian type stew thing I make, curry or masala spiced stuff. Veggies (tomatoes, onion, garlic, mushroom, peppers etc) and sour cream in it and rice or sweet potato and chicken and chickpeas /lentils most of the time. Cabbage.. Always loads of cabbage (cheap and yum). and butter..
+ loads of soya sauce It is the soy sauce I'm actually craving. ;) and ketchup and sour cream on the side.
basically it's a disgusting mess that tastes so so good to me.

Fresh from the oven baguettes, many many many. Butter forever.
With cheese, turkey slices or ham etc. honey + Dijon mustard. Mayo!
Eggs, boiled. Mayo!

Thai chili tuna, I go through so many tins of this. With mayonnaise of course. And cucumber. (Also on the baguettes)

Oven roasted sweet potatoes in olive oil and garlic, pepper, and salt.

Strange new thing, beets.. The slices in jars type. Idk why but yum on most things with mayonnaise. Always load of mayonnaise.

Almondy cakes, I love the toblerone one. It's the perfect one.

Iced coconut sprinkled buns with custard are pretty gooood too.

And Pepsi Max of course

All that being said, I'm mostly focused on getting loads of food, not because I enjoy the food so much. Hunting for reduced stuff and good offers. In fact there are very few things these days that I want to eat, even in a b/p. I tend to eat the same things for ever. I just need to be satisfied in the end.

Edited by Mikki, 04 November 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#5 Wednesday

Wednesday

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:34 AM

^ geez your post brings back memories for me... of being underweight and b/p-ing and the food just being like this 'thing', not even food anymore, just a drug, an object to abuse. I used to feel like I'd won at life big time if I found good marked down items.

Anyway- currently NOT bulimic or ED'd but my food hang up is Vegan hot dogs :) Just discovered them and enjoying to the max.

#6 Mikki

Mikki

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 6,284 posts
  • LocationUp north

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

^ oh no, I'm sorry. :( I know better ( well kind of kind of not) and know I'm keeping myself like this, there's just a lot I haven't learned how to deal with. This whole routine however I know. Even if it sucks! And it really does!

I am very very happy this isn't your everyday anymore, Wednesday. <3

Edited by Mikki, 04 November 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#7 shootingstar

shootingstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

I think my most recent one was salted dark chocolate caramels...had them with every binge. Icecream is always a staple & usually cookies or a cake of some sort.

That being said, I'm mostly recovered so I really don't have one certain food at the moment. When I slip it's usually whatever I am craving that is "off limits" x a million.

#8 taggle

taggle

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

+ loads of soya sauce It is the soy sauce I'm actually craving. ;) and ketchup and sour cream on the side.
basically it's a disgusting mess that tastes so so good to me.

Do you think the soy sauce is you actually craving salt cos your body is deficient? I've always wondered that about cravings...!

Also my gosh, it all sounds so exotic and delicious! I bet you're an amazing cook, Mikki!

Edited by taggle, 04 November 2014 - 09:26 PM.

#9 Little Miss

Little Miss

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 12,214 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

Do you think the soy sauce is you actually craving salt cos your body is deficient? I've always wondered that about cravings...!

Sometimes I add insane amounts of salt to food when I'm bingeing bc I'm craving it.

#10 Mikki

Mikki

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 6,284 posts
  • LocationUp north

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

Also my gosh, it all sounds so exotic and delicious! I bet you're an amazing cook, Mikki!

Oh absolutely, my cravings are very logical and I can usually know how my body is doing And where it's at from what I crave (or not crave). It's not just THAT simple, of course, but I get a fairly good idea.
And yes I'm low in all the salts.. ;) Heh I can't explain why it's soy sauce and not salt salt I'm craving, though. Tastes so much better I guess.

I am a pretty good cook I think. I can cook good food too, not just binge cooking. I like to be creative. :)

#11 kazleent

kazleent

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

Heh I can't explain why it's soy sauce and not salt salt I'm craving, though. Tastes so much better I guess.

It's probably Umami!  

Umami is a distinct, difficult to describe flavor caused by the interaction of glutamates, a naturally occurring amino acid, with receptors on the tongue. Some people call it “the fifth taste,” as it is distinctly not sweet, sour, bitter, or salty, but is instead sometimes called savory. In addition to having a unique standalone flavor, umami appears to enhance foods it is combined with, making other flavors richer and more intense. The concept is ancient, although the official term is relatively recent.

Culinary descriptors of the umami taste include savory, mouth fullness, depth of flavor, and 
meatiness.

Every time someone puts ketchup on fries, they are using the principle of umami. Both potatoes and tomatoes have high amounts of free glutamates, which interact with each other to create a distinctive flavor. Other foods with an abundance of free glutamates include seafood, shiitake mushrooms, meats, carrots, and seaweed.  Many of these foods have been traditionally paired to enhance their natural flavor.  In addition to modern day examples, the flavor has also been harnessed historically. It appears in high concentration in cured and fermented foods, such as the Roman garum and an assortment of traditionally fermented Asian sauces such as soy sauce and fish sauce. This flavor has classically been used as a condiment, to enhance the flavor in other foods, bringing out their natural savory taste.

I first learned about this when I became obsessed with Miso soup over the summer.  I copied most of ^this^ from wisegeek.org

:D

• Mikki likes this

sorry I'm late...

#12 kazleent

kazleent

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

Swiss Cake Rolls

We somehow ended up with a case of them.  

Also anything in alfredo sauce or buttered

Edited by kazleent, 05 November 2014 - 04:20 PM.

sorry I'm late...

#13 Mikki

Mikki

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 6,284 posts
  • LocationUp north

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:33 PM

Ah! that is cool! I do love intensity and condiments, flavours and depth! Hehe

They make it sound kinda sexy. Or is that just me? :P

Edited by Mikki, 05 November 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#14 kazleent

kazleent

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

lol,  they totally do :P   It's the sexy sense of taste!

sorry I'm late...

#15 esperenza

esperenza

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:28 PM

Anything sweet is my downfall. 

"I know why the caged Bird sings"

5'5.5 
HW: 159
CW: 103.4 
LW: 89
WG: 99

#16 Beads

Beads

New User

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

I'm stuck on hummus and beetroot toasted sandwiches, sea salt dark chocolate and mocha lattes... Or whatever's in the reduced section ;)

#17 taggle

taggle

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:42 PM

Oh my gosh, Mikki, you've got me hooked on the soy sauce!! I blame you!  :bbq:

#18 Little Miss

Little Miss

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 12,214 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:48 PM

Eggs. Omlette, boiled, poached, fried ...... I just want eggs!!!

#19 Mikki

Mikki

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 6,284 posts
  • LocationUp north

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

^Taggle, I'll take that blame, and I'm so sorry!!! I am still soy sauce obsessed..

Strange cravings going on here atm. I blame it on malnutrition etc. veggies (and soy sauce!!), apparently, is the new chocolate. Wtf

Edited by Mikki, 12 November 2014 - 08:50 PM.

#20 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 27,616 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

-Anything cheesey!!!
-Sushi/ gyoza
-Scrambled eggs with lots of salt and pepper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users