188 replies to this topic

#41 Lottie

Lottie

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 4,180 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:23 AM

GW - Ja. I don't mind telling people I just don't drink, it's more a matter of me deciding not to drink again... And while I'm finding it so hard not to drink it's difficult to commit to never drinking again :P We'll see... Hmm.

Practice, Patience, Persistence

imagejpg3_zps0b013c84.jpg     imagejpg4_zps71f54240.jpg

#42 Lottie

Lottie

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 4,180 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:30 AM

Today is rough. I almost caved, despite the meds. Just so exhausted today + PMS + pain + not knowing about this work... Gah.
I ended up buying a bottle of gourmet Maggie Beer non-alcoholic champagne, with kind of make me laugh because it cost more than I'd usually spend on a bottle of the alcoholic stuff... Oh, the irony!

#43 GW-Project

GW-Project

We're here because we care <3

• Members
  • 2,801 posts
  • LocationFrom the Universe with Love

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:03 AM

Ironic indeed. I hope you find the right distraction(s) today. Stay strong lovely. I believe in you.

Why not do some of your yoga-like practices? I recall them from that time we were really in touch. They seemed to help you so much back then... Just throwing out ideas here :)

Trying to stay sane is like a full-time hobby

#44 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

It's 7:37 AM and it's 1/5 already :(

Edited by GW-Project, 05 November 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#45 Lottie

Lottie

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 4,180 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:21 AM

I got through the day but I'll think about the pilates & yoga type stuff... Or at least stretching. You have a good memory!
Have you ever considered buying smaller quantities? I know I find controlled drinking when I only have as much as I'm planning to drink in the house...

#46 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:50 AM

^ I know you are the expert here but in my experience getting back into exercise is about actually doing it once and that from thereon it will catch on... So it's not so much about thinking about it, it's about pushing yourself to try for five minutes and tell yourself you can always stop if you don't like it after that time. I mean, yoga, pilates and the likes are pretty low effort as far as preparation goes, right? I'd say just go for it, maybe even now if you're still up!

I am proud of your day by the way

I have considered buying smaller quantities but this is not an actual solution for me for multiple reasons. What I am currently trying is using the shake cups we had to spare to create daily dosages and put the other ones in the freezer. Of course alcohol doesn't freeze but it's so cold it hurts my stomach, so I'm unlikely to touch more than my "daily allowance" Thank you for the advice though, it is really solid advice and I think for a lot of others it may help, so thanks for adding it to this topic! *thumbs up*

#47 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

Fuck :( I'm missing out on going to see, hug and walk Carlo the horse because I drank too much and, like I said before, my neighbor's only demand is that I appear sober when being around her children (I was going to go with her daughter because so much info came my way I needed a reminder)

#48 charxUK

charxUK

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:09 PM

Was doing well but just brought a bottle of wine. Better than coke right?

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” 

#49 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

^ Technically both are hard drugs. Wine is definitely cheaper though!

#50 charxUK

charxUK

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

Much cheaper. I have no standards when it comes to wine.

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” 

#51 charxUK

charxUK

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

Aaaand it turned out to be a cork screw which I cant get out. So cosmopolitian pre-mixed it is. Just add ice it says...i think not.

#52 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

Ugh, I don't mean to support drinking behavior but if you are going to do it and even chose it over snorting C, it sucks that it was such an ordeal to even get your drink ready... <.<

#53 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:43 PM

3.5 Tuesday

3 Wednesday

• GW-Project likes this

#54 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

^ Just to clarify: I gave you a like because I think this is quite the progress coming from 4/4,5 and justifying every sip of it to getting down to these *thumbs up* :)

#55 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:36 AM

Thank you! Been drinking later in the day so that helps!

#56 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:45 AM

^ That's actually a very good idea. Makes sense, too, because the nights when I wake up at 5 AM already make for days that are the hardest alcohol-wise.

#57 todopertin

todopertin

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:23 AM

I have never even tried alcohol...because of what dad put us thru. He used to beat mom almost daily after getting drunk. I don't wanna be the person he was and still partially is.

#58 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

I have never even tried alcohol...because of what dad put us thru. He used to beat mom almost daily after getting drunk. I don't wanna be the person he was and still partially is.

I am so sorry to hear about what you and your family have been through due to alcohol :( I think we should all take your post to heart as a very serious reminder of how worthwhile the fight for alcohol free days is <3

ETA: I think it is great of you that you managed to stay away from this substance, as much as the cause behind it must still hurt, it shows great strength. Should you ever struggle, this is the place to go to <3

Edited by GW-Project, 06 November 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#59 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

#60 Lottie

Lottie

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 4,180 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

todopertin - Congrats on staying away from it! To learn from the pain that you and your family went through and improve on it is a huge thing. I hope one day your dad might be able to face up to suffering he's been a part of all-round (for you, for your family, for himself) and can heal <3

- - - - -

I've managed a week without a drop. It's been bloody tough but I'm starting to feel a little renewed confidence?

GW - I do have exercise stuff that I still do - gym session twice a week and walking. I could do pilates or yoga at home and I might get something out of them, but I just don't have the motivation right now. Just keeping up my other stuff is challenging enough for me most weeks :P Physical stuff IS generally helpful, though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq