3 replies to this topic

#1 Wednesday

Wednesday

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:33 PM

Firstly, I'm not technically addicted to anything. I just abuse drugs and alcohol. There is a difference. At least according to the DSM and the therapists. 

Secondly. I am drinking right now even  though I don't really want to drink. There are times when I hate the taste of alcohol and loathe drinking it, yet I still drink it. Think of it as medication. It will be good for you. etc. etc. 

Thirdly. There was no point to this post. I'm just in a really mad space. #Rage. 

(Fyi: I am safe and quietly have a few drinks in the sun and trying to relax and then will walk for 2 hours along the beach to calm myself). 

Also, all the threads in this section seem to be about avoiding drugs and alcohol. I wanted to create a thread where it was just OK to be drunk/high/whatever. Sometimes quitting isn't a priority. I do think there are times when drinking is justified. (I.e. right now). 

#2 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:21 AM

Totally. I'm not into giving up alcohol what so ever, I just report on my drinking to keep it in check for health/money reasons. Also I work on avoiding alcohol on days when it's not that enjoyable because often it makes the next drinking session more enjoyable. But summer is arriving, so more daytime drinking in the sun!

Edited by letsholdhands, 16 October 2014 - 02:21 AM.

• Wednesday likes this

#3 Salby

Salby

New User

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:45 AM

I really loved your post ️ it made me smile because readi g it u totally sounded tipsy/drunk to me :-) i love to drink. Just love it. Always have and i especially use it as a social lubricant because im definitly socially retarded imo. I feel like i dont have much to offer if im not drinking because i spend way too much time thinking and acting on my ed. I am also drinking right now but only on my 2nd drink and am currently working on cutting down my alcohol days.......
I often drink because im so bored i really have nothing else to do and im so used to it im like 'but its what im MEANT to do'. Dunno why everyone makes such a big deal about it when its pretty much standard practice for social events and relaxation.

#4 RingoDarling

RingoDarling

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

There is a difference between being an addict and a person who is seriously self medicating to try to stop the chaos in the body, mind, and soul

Oh. No there isn't.

Either own it or do not.

I am human. I go through phases. They all have their reaons and logic and excuses.

In the end it is me, myself and I sitting here.
Just saying.

An addict is an addict. Obsessive by nature. Explorative, sometimes.

There are many things I will never do because I will be lost. Never found.

Diagnostic criteria... yeah, that... lol.

Edit: all the threads in this section are about restriction. This is true. Go figure. Strict guidelines to an acceptable way of living... it is chatter. Everyone is talking. Listen to what matters to you and if it does not fit then meh.

Edited by RingoDarling, 25 January 2015 - 11:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq