#101 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,911 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:26 PM

((hugs)) to both of you.

GW, I will pm you when I get a chance to dedicate the time you deserve. Please take care, and you can pm me if you ever want to vent and I'll try and respond in a timely fashion :P

Letsholdhands, good luck with exams coming up. I'll be hoping you'll get through it all ok and come out the other side feeling like you did the best you could. Very stressful time, but I'm so proud of you for keeping on keeping on!

So... Thurs, fri, sat, sun were alcohol free :) had 2 on monday and 4 :( on Tuesday. Yesterday was another free day (because I was really sick, but still)
  • letsholdhands likes this

#102 GW-Project

GW-Project

We're here because we care <3

• Members
  • 2,801 posts
  • LocationFrom the Universe with Love

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

^ Seeing your scores really cheers me up, I am proud. Too bad about Tuesday but overall you are going uphill, right? Correct me if I'm mistaken. Sometimes it is hard for me to remember which scores belong to whom.

Thank you so much for your offer :wub: Please don't feel bad about the timing of any PM'ing between us, though. I myself am pretty unstable in that aspect. Sometimes I reply immediately, sometimes it takes me a week. I always apologize but I hate it when other people feel they need to do that because all of this, this entire forum,  it is all voluntarily offered support that people hand out next to jobs, households, kids, you name it <3 That's what I love about this place, among other things.

• Nook likes this

Trying to stay sane is like a full-time hobby

#103 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

Thanks Nook, those are wonderful numbers!  :) 

Had 0 last night, will be 0 tonight. Had exam today. Super super stressed about the next one tomorrow but trying to keep strong. 

#104 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:05 AM

^ I believe in you and I wish you all the best for tomorrow!

#105 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:04 AM

^ I didn't read the part about today's exam. How did it go lovely?

#106 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:18 AM

In my Medsci exam (really not my subject..) I did enough to possibly pass, but could go either way. A very real possibility of failing tomorrow.. :(

#107 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

^ I'm sorry. I want to tell you not to worry but only you know the subject et cetera. One thing: I have been both a student and a teacher at university. From my experiences as a teacher I wanted to tell you the following. If mental or physical causes are the reason you fear a test you should always tell your teacher upfront. It happens way too often that students start explaining away their low grade after the fact and unfortunately for you many of those students abused teachers' trust. That's why almost every school or university has the policy that such things are only taken seriously when mentioned upfront. In that case there is a lot room for understanding. The execution of this policy depends a bit on the teacher though; some show great understanding, some don't care for whatever reason (too much on their plate), others violate the policy by taking students for their word even after the exam scores have been posted et cetera... Just thought you might want to know this inside info.

#108 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,911 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:31 PM

I hope you get through your exams ok letsholdhands. I understand the anxiety etc so well. I'm proud of you just for attempting them! And I'll be hoping you get the marks you need to pass.
4 drinks last night :o

#109 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:37 PM

I had to stay sober for most of today because my neighbor's only demand when hanging out with her kids is that I am not under the influence of anything that isn't prescribed to me. I think this is a very, very fair demand. It's also a redundant request because I would never show up drunk or tipsy in the presence of children or teenagers. I don't want to send out the wrong signals and I want to be in a clear state of mind.

Point being: The past 13 hours have been some type of test. My body is doing perfectly fine. Not one single signal of withdrawal or addiction. Mentally I would like a drink but her tea collection is perfectly satisfying to me. Some additional benefits of this "trial" is that my liver gets some much needed rest and I am actually re-hydrating instead of only making up for the dehydration I inflict upon myself.

• Nook likes this

#110 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

I hope you get through your exams ok letsholdhands. I understand the anxiety etc so well. I'm proud of you just for attempting them! And I'll be hoping you get the marks you need to pass.
4 drinks last night :o

Thank you Nook. I'm just glad 2/3 are over now  :) 
You are doing so well alcohol-wise even still!

GW, that is phenomenal! I'm so impressed that that you chose to hang out over the drinking (considering there had to be a choice between the 2)  :D

#111 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

^ Thank you so much but like I said: I still have my moral boundaries. I would never ever show up to kids or vulnerable people in a tipsy state. It wasn't even a choice or a question to me. It's just how it works. I have always hidden my substance abuse IRL, even from people that used stuff themselves. Should I ever lose that sense of morality I'll be the first one to run to a clinic.

• Nook likes this

#112 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,911 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

Ended on 0.8 drinks last night :P

I think 11 or 12 free days... And days where I drank more than previous months... So a lot of work to be done still, but better than it could have been :/

#113 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:13 PM

^ See? That is why I think you are so inspiring... That is one killer attitude right there. You've got to love that.

I am sorry about the increases here and there but it's all about attitude, and like I said, you're nailing it.

#114 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:21 PM

^ Thank you so much but like I said: I still have my moral boundaries. I would never ever show up to kids or vulnerable people in a tipsy state. It wasn't even a choice or a question to me. It's just how it works. I have always hidden my substance abuse IRL, even from people that used stuff themselves. Should I ever lose that sense of morality I'll be the first one to run to a clinic.

I just mean that because you have those morals that you stick by, you still had a choice to either go over to see them or to not go so you could stay at home and drink (unless you had to be there?). Even if you had to be there, you still managed well without and it's inspiring to see.

4.5 last night. Could have had more but waited it out and got too tired.

#115 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

I just mean that because you have those morals that you stick by, you still had a choice to either go over to see them or to not go so you could stay at home and drink (unless you had to be there?). Even if you had to be there, you still managed well without and it's inspiring to see.

4.5 last night. Could have had more but waited it out and got too tired.

Thank you so much. I think it is a blessing in disguise that you got too tired? ;) Hey lovely, wishing you the very best for next month! I really do hope that what you said about a less stressing time has the desired effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq