#1 GW-Project

GW-Project

We're here because we care <3

• Members
  • 2,801 posts
  • LocationFrom the Universe with Love

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

... a fresh start

(my personal favorite, yet, no promises regarding copy/pasting the beauties we readily had here either :ph34r: )

Trying to stay sane is like a full-time hobby

#2 blackbird

blackbird

singing in the dead of night

• Members
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

When you eat/drink nothing all day long, knowing that by 7pm or so you'll be dragging your light headed ass down to the store for b/p food. Only to feel completely shamed by the clerk who knows you well because this happens at least 4 days a week.

A23533CE-0AFC-4A17-A3CF-8184C2B95280_zps

#3 esperenza

esperenza

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

I know the feeling of not eating all day long only to b/p when the opportunity strikes blah.

"I know why the caged Bird sings"

5'5.5 
HW: 159
CW: 103.4 
LW: 89
WG: 99

#4 Spectra

Spectra

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

When you eat so much at night that you are literally not hungry the next day until the next night.  When you have no problem eating chocolate if it's at the end of your "binge" but won't eat it during the day.  I could go on and on...

#5 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

You go into ED treatment at a normal weight.

#6 Spiderwebs

Spiderwebs

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationPlanet Hell

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Your boss and coworkers surprise you with a cake for your birthday after work.. And all you can think is "oh my god, I'm going to have to eat this. No, I can't eat this.. But I can't refuse it, it was so nice of them - I can't just not eat it. Fuck, fuck, fuck. How many calories is this? Oh my god, this tastes amazing - no, you can't like this. Eat as little as possible. This has to be so many calories and how many is it? Blah blah blah.."

Most of the time you want to eat absolutely everything or nothing at all.

People joke/comment on how you "never eat" and such. But of course you look 'healthy', so it's still said like a good thing..

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think" - Christopher Robin to Pooh

#7 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:13 AM

When you literally 'lost' over 100 lbs and 'gained' over 100 lbs in under half a year.

(I realize people without an ED would report a certain loss and gain if they were to measure themselves for half a year but I doubt it would even come close to this range)

When after a year worth of focusing on nothing but your figure you're back at your starting weight but you've seen any weight within a 30 lbs range appear on the scale.

(again it's the magnitude of the range that makes me think: "yep, that's EDNOS for you")

When you genuinely can't tell whether or not you're using EDNOS as an excuse to never actually achieve and maintain any of your weight goals.

When the same can be said about more general goals that have nothing to do with your weight, figure or even your body.

("for I've given this its strength and it has become my only strength")

#8 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:20 AM

When "oh, can I talk to you for a minute?" sends you into panic because it must be because they've figured out you've been purging/restricting/chewing & spitting etc.

#9 Spiderwebs

Spiderwebs

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationPlanet Hell

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

When you literally 'lost' over 100 lbs and 'gained' over 100 lbs in under half a year.

(I realize people without an ED would report a certain loss and gain if they were to measure themselves for half a year but I doubt it would even come close to this range)

This makes me wonder how much weight I've lost/gained over all these years (only to circle back around the same damn numbers).

Ugh, actually I probably don't even want to know. :unsure:

When the same can be said about more general goals that have nothing to do with your weight, figure or even your body.

("for I've given this its strength and it has become my only strength")

It's amazing how non-existent my non-ED goals even are..

At my last appointment my therapist (of 3 years) actually pointed out that the only goal she's heard me talk about is to lose weight... And she's right.

I suppose it's just another way I "use" EDNOS - to avoid focusing on things I really should be (like goals that would actually lead to a functional life). 

[Where is that quote from by the way?]

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think" - Christopher Robin to Pooh

#10 Spiderwebs

Spiderwebs

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationPlanet Hell

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

When you've spent ages switching between restricting and binging on a daily (or hourly) basis... Consequently - despite the constant obsessing - maintaining the same damn weight.

When you can look at the mirror/pictures and within several seconds go from thinking things like "eh my face is looking kind of gaunt" to "oh my god, I have a double chin" or "hm at least my arms are sort of toned" to "wtf my arms are disgustingly huge"...

#11 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

[Where is that quote from by the way?]

It's Dead Boy's Poem by Nightwish. Wicked lyrics, wicked song!

#12 Spectra

Spectra

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

^^Yes!!  When you ordinarily try to not eat a thing, but when you are bingeing, you bring your food into the bathroom with you while you pee because, hey, you can't wait that long to go back to eating.

When, on the surface, you look fine and seem healthy, but your issues are so deep-seeded that you actually stump most therapists and end up getting referred to someone else.  I feel like no one can really help me.

#13 Spiderwebs

Spiderwebs

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationPlanet Hell

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

It's Dead Boy's Poem by Nightwish. Wicked lyrics, wicked song!

Ah, I knew it seemed familiar - Nightwish has been one of my favorite band for years.. I can't believe I didn't recognize it right away! 

Then again, I haven't listened to that song much in ages... I listened to it a bit too much when I went through a really bad period and afterwards it just reminded me of that time...  :unsure:

[er.. sorry, went totally off-topic there..]

When you try to explain your eating disorder and realise it doesn't even make sense to you.
When on different days/weeks/months you restrict, b/p, binge without purging and eat roughly the right amount of calories but you never have a day of "normal" eating.

Yes.

#14 Idiotgirl

Idiotgirl

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

You feel exhausted, unwell and like you might drop dead on a daily basis but nobody really cares because you're normal/overweight and therefore have got away with carrying on in these cycles, unmonitored for 7 continuous years (and counting).
  • limon-miele, somethingvague and kazleent like this

#15 somethingvague

somethingvague

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

there's no diabulimia thread. I don't feel like I feel like I fit anywhere but:

When you are eating tubes of glucoboost and fucking sugarcubes to get your blood sugar up, when it's already high, cos it's not 'high enough'. sigh.

I'm medicated, how are you?

#16 GW-Project

GW-Project

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

there's no diabulimia thread. I don't feel like I feel like I fit anywhere

I think it would be completely supported by everyone if you were to create a topic on diabulimia and I know for fact that you are not the only one dealing with that at the moment. I am quite certain support and recognition will come your way if you reach out <3

#17 esperenza

esperenza

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

I can relate in some ways to feeling like dropping dead at any moment every day and yet being at a normal weight. sucks. but I get it, understand. i'm sorry you've been unmonitored for that long.

• Idiotgirl likes this

"I know why the caged Bird sings"

5'5.5 
HW: 159
CW: 103.4 
LW: 89
WG: 99

#18 Idiotgirl

Idiotgirl

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

It does suck. I'm sorry you relate xx

When you let people think you're just fat, lazy and can't be bothered when in reality you can't breathe properly and wonder if you're gonna pass out due to the chronic lack of iron and haemoglobin in your blood.
Why would you bother explaining when you're overweight and clearly eat a lot of food.

And because you eat so much and are so fat you refuse to take iron supplements and refuse to see a doctor about it (what's the point?)

Edited by Idiotgirl, 07 August 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#19 limon-miele

limon-miele

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

^

I'm sorry to hear this is how you feel.

Just interested to know why you would think body size/weight make a difference to having low iron though?

Most common reason for low iron is heavy periods and for some people (me included) periods can happen at almost any weight.

I hope you can allow yourself to take the supplements and feel a bit better because low iron can also lower your mood.

X

#20 Idiotgirl

Idiotgirl

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Yeah I realise there's a lot of people out there with anaemia and it's mostly to do with heavy periods.
I don't have heavy periods and it's down to my shit diet.
I wouldn't embarrass myself by hinting at anything diet related, I'd just let them think I'm fat and lazy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq