#1901 april_rain

april_rain

Rainbow Unicorn

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:56 AM

Thank you. Hope you're doing okay?

I'm okay. 

Sometimes better, sometimes worse... but I'm managing. 

• Nook likes this

#1902 Empress

Empress

New User

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:59 AM

Today I was triggered by embarassment.  Mostly, I know it's in my head, but I kept replaying the minor embarassing situation until it wore a groove in my thoughts of self-loathing.

#1903 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,551 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:19 PM

Can't get rid of the stomach bloat. Damn intestinal failure!!!

Sorting out my clothes and realizing not a lot fits any more.

Being at my highest weight ever. Never thought I'd ever weigh this much.

Being lazy. Not walking/ exercising enough due to pain, fatigue, and lack of motivation.

Comments from other people about how much weight I've gained. They say it as a good thing, but it always makes me feel so disgusting, self concious, and ashamed. Dreading seeing my surgeon in a few weeks, because i just know what a big deal he is going to make about how fat i am.

#1904 alittlelost

alittlelost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

"Well it's not like you'll die from it, it's just a bad habit." Stupid, stupid comments. I am so over eating disorder weight discrimination.

#1905 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,793 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:28 AM

^ someone called an ed a bad habit that doesn't kill? 🤬

My trigger today was being home from work. I did so well yesterday, today has been a sugary caffeinated disaster.

#1906 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,551 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

"Well it's not like you'll die from it, it's just a bad habit." Stupid, stupid comments. I am so over eating disorder weight discrimination.

Oh my gosh. Someone actually said that???? That is so wrong. I am so sorry someone is trivializing your experience. That is not okay at all, and very far from the truth.
I'm mostly recovered now, and at one point i was telling my therapist that i was scared i was going to relapse in to bp because of anxiety and his response was a flippant "what would be wrong with that?". Not in a lets break it down and see whats wrong with it way, in a way that it would not matter if i was bping. He just has no idea the impact it has.

Edited by Nook, 30 January 2019 - 04:48 PM.

#1907 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,551 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

Gaining more weight, being extremely bloated and uncomfortable and feeling my thighs rubbing while walking. Feel like a disgusting land whale

Edited by Nook, 14 February 2019 - 06:32 PM.

#1908 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,793 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:27 AM

(((N))) xxx

Being at home and being stressed.

#1909 Shadows Fall

Shadows Fall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationEire

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Just looking at myself. I’m pulling at my throat wondering how I can have a fat throat and how that is somehow a measure of my worth
A comment that was rather innocuous in nature but really made me feel like I need to starve and waste away until I’m gone. But I’ve already succumbed to my daily B/P and now I hate myself ten fold.
Pressure to eat and gain weight on the one hand (I’m a normal weight, that kills me) and then the whole disorder being ignored by others and not being offered help. I’m as conflicted about it all as the people in my life, it seems. Don’t want help but can’t go on like this. Gah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

~ Miss my buddy ~ <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq