17 replies to this topic

#1 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on in a while, partially because I thought something was wrong with the site. I forgot my password and every time I tried to request a new one I would get this:

The security code you supplied did not match the one displayed, a new code has been generated, please try again.

The thing is, I don't see this security code they talk about anywhere. Same thing happens if I try to make a new account.

When I downloaded Tapatalk for something else I found I could access this place again, but it's kind of a pain doing it all on my phone.

Things I've tried that didn't work:
- Using Tapatalk to make a new account (I get a different error).
- Using my phone's browser.
- Turning off my VPN etc.

None of it has worked. I would like to spend some more time on here again.

Anyone know what this could be and how I could fix it?

Thanks.

#2 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,961 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:54 AM

Have you tried different browser's and deleting the cookies? You probably have but these are always the things that I get asked when I call IT at work when sign in things give me errors. 

#3 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:29 AM

Unfortunately yes.

#4 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:52 AM

Also tried:
- Using husband's laptop.
- Downloading a different browser.

Maybe I should try to find a public computer somewhere. At work this site is blocked though.

#5 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,961 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:42 AM

That's frustrating! I noticed that if you're in tapatalk and go to the upper right and tap on the three dots, go to your profile and tap on the three dots again, it gives you the option to change your password. I dont know if that only affects you in tapatalk or if would change your password in misu.

#6 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

That's frustrating! I noticed that if you're in tapatalk and go to the upper right and tap on the three dots, go to your profile and tap on the three dots again, it gives you the option to change your password. I dont know if that only affects you in tapatalk or if would change your password in misu.

I saw, but that kind of only works if you know your old password.. Thanks for trying to help me figure this out though.

Edited by Starlight, 06 January 2019 - 12:09 PM.

#7 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,961 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

That's really irritating! I hope something works or a moderator helps.

#8 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,981 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

Ah how frustrating. Does the code go to an email? I'm sure you already checked, but it could possibly go to a spam folder?

#9 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:29 PM

Ah how frustrating. Does the code go to an email? I'm sure you already checked, but it could possibly go to a spam folder?

I don't get to the part where it emails me, because I can't get the invisible security code right. It must think I'm a robot or something.

#10 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,981 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:38 AM

Oh okay. I didn't realize that. I would have thought maybe disabling the cookies or a different browser would work, but you have done all that. That's so odd. I'm sorry I don't have any ideas :( must be so frustrating. I guess maybe a mod/ admin could help... but it's been so quiet here... I don't know who is around

#11 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:29 AM

I'm starting to wonder that if I do ever manage to change my password if I could have the same problem trying to log in after that.. Maybe there's no point?

#12 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,981 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:50 AM

I just logged out and tried to recover my password and I got the same error. Must be a problem in the site. I'll play around with it tonight and see if I can work it out. But yes, it still works to login with your password if you put it in right after the error

#13 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,981 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:53 AM

You get the same error if you try to create a new account too. Hmmmm I wonder what the problem is....

#14 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,981 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:32 AM

Looking online it's been an issue with a lot of boards run by the same host. It's a problem admin has to fix. Just some setting about span protection or something

#15 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:37 AM

Ah ok. I've been having this problem for quite a while though so it must not be a big priority for them.

#16 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,981 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:53 AM

Yeah most of the websites with the error were from like a few years ago... I don't know if the mods or admin are still around to fix glitches like this? I guess can try messaging them

#17 kyestar

kyestar

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

Starlight, I’m not here much any more and am finding it a bit tricky to understand the issue you’re having (or the effect of it!) - is it that you can only log in from your phone as you’ve forgotten your password and can’t get the codes etc? I don’t know how to address whatever is causing the problem, but I can change your password for you if you like.

#18 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:48 PM

Starlight, I’m not here much any more and am finding it a bit tricky to understand the issue you’re having (or the effect of it!) - is it that you can only log in from your phone as you’ve forgotten your password and can’t get the codes etc? I don’t know how to address whatever is causing the problem, but I can change your password for you if you like.

Tapatalk apparently had my password saved, so I can only come on here using the app.
Thanks for dropping in and offering to help.
I do think/hope having a new password would help, so if you could arrange that, that would be great.
(I do however hope that won’t log me out of Tapatalk because if it does I have no way of learning the new password or ever getting back on here..)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq