Coming Back Again

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 4GotN

4GotN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:36 AM

So I'm back... again. I've been a member since the early 2000s and have gone through 2 or 3 site changes but have been on an extended hiatus. I'm not even sure if this site is still active - based on the dates I saw in the forums, it seems like there's very little activity. Perhaps I can't see everything since I have been gone for so long (around 3 years). I just miss this community. I have always found so much support and caring here.

Anyhow, I'd like to be an active member again and would like to get to know all of you who are around.

Best wishes for everyone reading this.

~ 4GotN

• Starlight likes this

#2 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:18 PM

I remember you, though we didn't interact much. My old user name was emie. I've been around since the ABC days, I think.

The site isn't very active but those of us who are here are always glad to see more people, though not bc they are suffering. It gets lonely on here!

Welcome back!

#3 4GotN

4GotN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:27 AM

Hello, Phoenix. Thank you so much for replying. I remember ABC! Wow, that was a very long time ago. It's kind of sad that we are still here because it means we are still struggling but it's good to have a safe place for our issues. I'm glad to see someone who remembers me. I will check in more often to lend support. Take care of yourself.

#4 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 29,751 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:31 PM

Welcome back! Though, I'm sorry you are struggling.
I recognise your username, even though I don't think we ever really talked. It's very quiet on the boards these days :( but I often wonder how everyone is doing and hoping things are at least ok for people.
I hope you find support back here. Always here if you need me x

#5 esperenza

esperenza

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 5,923 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:17 PM

i remember your user name as well. welcome back and at the same time i'm sorry to see that you are still struggling. it is very quiet here now compared to how it use to be. i'm still here. i don't remember if i had a different user name in the very beginning. i think i've had the same one for a while now. 

"I know why the caged Bird sings"

5'5.5 
HW: 159
CW: 103.4 
LW: 89
WG: 99

#6 4GotN

4GotN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:40 AM

Nook and PhD Thank you so much for your messages.  If you remember me, that means you’ve been around for a long time as well. I hope you are only here because you like the support and not because you still struggle. Either way, I hope we can talk more now. I also think about a lot of people who used to be on here. I’m in touch with only one but I had many good friends here that I’ve lost contact with. I think about them often and hope and pray they are well. And I hope you are well, too.

#7 4GotN

4GotN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:48 AM

And again I've been gone for a while... After my last post in December I had a "hiccup." I cut for the first time in 5 or 6 years. I'm not sure if it's okay to talk about it here or if I should start a diary. I am fine, though, so nobody worry, please. I am starting a very busy period at work but that may actually be a good time to be on here more, to vent and get support and, well... get away from the daily grind. 

I need to look around the forum more to see what's going on and what's available (like diaries and workout support/competitions). 

To anybody who reads this - stay positive and strong and all the best to you.

#8 4GotN

4GotN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:18 AM

Esperenza - I'm sorry I called you "PhD" in my reply to messages. I've been away for so long, I got confused about reading the names and statuses. Oopsy!! Really sorry. Still hope to stay in touch. Best wishes!!

#9 4GotN

4GotN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:47 AM

So I’ve been coming here for a while now, posting and making new friends, and I have that old feeling back, like I need and want to be here.  I want to start a diary so badly but I will give it some more time. I started at least two diaries in the past few years that I abandoned within days because I got busy at work and then was too tired at night to post. Busy season is starting at work right now and will continue for the next two months. Let’s see how it goes. I guess I can always post here.

To anyone who reads this – please be kind to yourself.  You are loved.

#10 esperenza

esperenza

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 5,923 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:10 PM

that's totally ok!

that's good you are staying busy, right?

i hope you start to feel better!

"I know why the caged Bird sings"

5'5.5 
HW: 159
CW: 103.4 
LW: 89
WG: 99

#11 sarabear

sarabear

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:51 AM

Just saying hey :) I remember you from back when too. Its weird how this place still lingers for some of us. I'm here if you need someone to talk too. I'm going through a lot myself right now. Hugs

#12 4GotN

4GotN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:25 AM

Esperenza  - Staying busy is good but not in this case. I like being busy at work because the day goes by quicker and I get the satisfaction of having completed different tasks but tax season sucks ass. Working 6 days a week 10 – 12 hours a day is tough. And now I have the flu and can’t take any time off so I’m popping meds and pain killers all day long and then crush as soon as I get home so no housework gets done and no time for any fun stuff. But it’s only two more months, so I’ll manage. It’s the same story every year and I’m used to it. It’s just harder right now because I’m sick. I hope you are well. Thank you for stopping by.

((((( Sarabear ))))) – I remember you, too!! I believe at one time we both had diaries and exchanged some messages. I'm sorry but I don't remember much - it was years ago. But as soon as I saw your name I felt like coming home, so I know we've crossed paths before. Oh, I am so happy to see you! I mean, I’m very sad that you are going through hard times but boy, it’s so good to see a friend again. If you have a diary, I will visit you for sure. If not, maybe we can talk here? I would like to hear about your troubles and help if I can. Please be good to yourself and know that I am here for you if you need me.

#13 4GotN

4GotN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:32 AM

As I told Esperenza above, I'm working lots and I'm sick. So life sucks right now. But other than the flu, things are pretty normal for this time of the year and I'm not going to complain (too much). I got this Saturday off to get better and I will probably sleep all the weekend. I need it. I have all the meds I need and enough food (mostly chicken soup) to get me through the weekend so I'm good to go. 

As usual, to anyone who reads this - be good to yourself and stay strong. And thank you for stopping by.

#14 4GotN

4GotN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:08 AM

Well, I was supposed to sleep all day but had to run out to the bank in the morning and then in the evening I run out to the store to get some stuff for next week's lunches. That's what happens when you live alone - you're the only one to do what needs to be done. I'm skipping most of the house cleaning this weekend but I can't help doing a little bit here and there. I am not moving a finger tomorrow, though. Or so I hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq