• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 april_rain

april_rain

Rainbow Unicorn

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:06 AM

I know that this board is almost dead, but I wanted to post something about this anyways.

I'm just wondering if anybody has:

• Read the book 13 Reasons Why
  • Watched the Netflix series on it

I'm also wondering what others think of it, and if anyone plans on watching season 2, which is to start airing May 18th (I think).

#2 Woozles

Woozles

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 17,562 posts
  • LocationVictorian Valhalla

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:03 AM

Hey! (I wish this place wasn't dying. It's so sad, there's literally like 5? of us left.. :()

I haven't read the book, but I half-watched the series a few months back (as in, only paid enough attention to get the gist of what was happening, just because my concentration's gone to shit!) I thought it was fairly good actually, not half as bad as i was expecting! Have you seen it, or read the book?

Now, To The Bone, I absolutely HATED. The 'bottle' seen made me cringe! :o
  • april_rain likes this

029hf8.jpgm_4325067cb395eabe5a27c711e24124ce.jpg6.jpg
You were appointed to save my life. You have failed me little Chaos, lover of the madness.

#3 koshka

koshka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:13 PM

I started watching 13 Reasons Why but couldn't stomach it beyond a few episodes. And now enough time has passed that I don't really remember it. Does it get better? I just remember being annoyed by it somehow so I stopped watching.

Ugh, yes, that "bottle scene..." 

I get so frustrated by the stereotypes. The "it's about control" or "not having been loved enough."

LIFE IS NOT A SOUND BITE.

Gah.

:startle:

• april_rain likes this

#4 esperenza

esperenza

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:52 PM

I read the book when it first came out, but I don't remember much of it now. I haven't seen the movie or mini series. 

"I know why the caged Bird sings"

5'5.5 
HW: 159
CW: 103.4 
LW: 89
WG: 99

#5 almostnearly

almostnearly

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

I watched it, but, like koshka, found it annoying. Something about the attitude of the main girl was irritating. How she spoke and what she said. Also the main guy seemed so dead inside, so expressionless, unrealistically so. Never met anyone like that in real life. The show just got more and more depressing as the episodes went on. I honestly don't know how or why I watched the whole season through. I guess just because I'd heard about it in the media and was curious. 

• april_rain likes this

#6 april_rain

april_rain

Rainbow Unicorn

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:16 AM

I watched it, but, like koshka, found it annoying. Something about the attitude of the main girl was irritating. How she spoke and what she said. Also the main guy seemed so dead inside, so expressionless, unrealistically so. Never met anyone like that in real life. The show just got more and more depressing as the episodes went on. I honestly don't know how or why I watched the whole season through. I guess just because I'd heard about it in the media and was curious. 

I think what I found annoying was that, at least for the first half of the series, everything went so slow and felt trivial. I don't typically watch TV while just sitting - I usually just listen to whatever I'm watching while doing something else (I was working on a drawing when I first watched the series), so I didn't really notice this at first. 

I read the book when it first came out, but I don't remember much of it now. I haven't seen the movie or mini series. 

I don't remember the book much either. 

I started watching 13 Reasons Why but couldn't stomach it beyond a few episodes. And now enough time has passed that I don't really remember it. Does it get better? I just remember being annoyed by it somehow so I stopped watching.

Ugh, yes, that "bottle scene..." 

I get so frustrated by the stereotypes. The "it's about control" or "not having been loved enough."

LIFE IS NOT A SOUND BITE.

Gah.

:startle:

It gets better, yep. I must admit that I originally half-watched it as I worked on some drawings, so I didn't really notice how slow it was at first.

I watched it a second time with my Aunt, and I felt kinda bored with the first few episodes because it seemed to go so slowly. 

Hey! (I wish this place wasn't dying. It's so sad, there's literally like 5? of us left.. :()

I haven't read the book, but I half-watched the series a few months back (as in, only paid enough attention to get the gist of what was happening, just because my concentration's gone to shit!) I thought it was fairly good actually, not half as bad as i was expecting! Have you seen it, or read the book?

Now, To The Bone, I absolutely HATED. The 'bottle' seen made me cringe! :o

I've watched it, yep, and I read the book a looong time ago. 

I feel that the series is better than the book (which I barely remember. My opinion of it at the time was more or less "meh").

I didn't even remember the bottle scene from To The Bone - I had to look it up to know what you were talking about. That was... weird. 

#7 Woozles

Woozles

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 17,562 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

This has made me want to re-watch it, haha. Must get around to it. And will probably watch series 2 cause why not. Although I wonder how much further the story can actually go?

You were appointed to save my life. You have failed me little Chaos, lover of the madness.

#8 april_rain

april_rain

Rainbow Unicorn

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:26 AM

This has made me want to re-watch it, haha. Must get around to it. And will probably watch series 2 cause why not. Although I wonder how much further the story can actually go?

I'm not sure, since there was only one book. But they also added a bunch of stuff to the series that wasn't in the book, so it might be interesting to see where they take it. 

#9 april_rain

april_rain

Rainbow Unicorn

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:24 AM

BTW, here is the trailer for season 2: https://youtu.be/0XuOkYlUWIs

• Woozles likes this

#10 Woozles

Woozles

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 17,562 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:54 PM

Just finished rewatching series 1, about to start series 2. :) Anyone watched it already? What did you think?

#11 april_rain

april_rain

Rainbow Unicorn

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:12 AM

Just finished rewatching series 1, about to start series 2. :) Anyone watched it already? What did you think?

I've only watched the first three episodes. It's good so far, I think.

• Woozles likes this

#12 esperenza

esperenza

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 5,907 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

I watched season 1 and I thought it was pretty good. as I sad, I don't remember the entire story from the book, but I did enjoy season 1 so far. I will watch season 2 as well at some point. 

• april_rain and Woozles like this

"I know why the caged Bird sings"

5'5.5 
HW: 159
CW: 103.4 
LW: 89
WG: 99

#13 Ashley

Ashley

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

I finished the series a couple of months ago and I loved it! I want to start season 2 soon. I love Hannah as a character and I get so frustrated with Clay because he should have done more to respond to Hannah's cries for help. He was the only one who stuck by her while other people at school bullied and ostracized her.

Edited by Ashley, 05 June 2018 - 09:25 AM.

• april_rain likes this

#14 *mirror*image*

*mirror*image*

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:34 AM

I tried watching it.. The show just seemed too young to me!!.. I just don't relate to people in high school lol.. I might try it again for the heck of it..

I'm more interested in the Netflix movie about the girl with anorexia. I don't remember what it was called. I just know that Keanu Reeves was the counselor which i thought was weird but still want to watch it..

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
  • april_rain likes this

#15 Woozles

Woozles

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 17,562 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:00 PM

Finished series 2 yesterday! I actually really enjoyed the series as a whole, overall I think it dealt pretty well with the subject matter, etc. Can't really say more than that because spoilers lol. Is there gonna be a 3rd series? (I think I read that somewhere?)

I'm more interested in the Netflix movie about the girl with anorexia. I don't remember what it was called. I just know that Keanu Reeves was the counselor which i thought was weird but still want to watch it..

To The Bone ;) x
  • april_rain and MissMeyer like this

#16 april_rain

april_rain

Rainbow Unicorn

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:17 AM

Finished series 2 yesterday! I actually really enjoyed the series as a whole, overall I think it dealt pretty well with the subject matter, etc. Can't really say more than that because spoilers lol. Is there gonna be a 3rd series? (I think I read that somewhere?)

To The Bone ;) x

I haven't finished it yet but I really want to know what happens! 

I tried watching it.. The show just seemed too young to me!!.. I just don't relate to people in high school lol.. I might try it again for the heck of it..

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I watched that; it was pretty good.

Edited by april_rain, 13 June 2018 - 03:17 AM.

#17 MissMeyer

MissMeyer

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:49 AM

To The Bone ;) x

For all I know there will be a 3rd season, yes.

I have watched "13 reaons why" and it often made me pretty sad for various reasons. I thought it is a good show, can be very triggering though.

• april_rain likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq