• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kismet

kismet

New User

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:18 AM

Hey! I was an active member of RGP and then MS from I think 2002 – 2010. It got me through some pretty massively dark times in life and was also pretty fun to be involved in sometimes. Not sure how many of the longer term members are still around or if you’d remember me – I wore a lot of eyeliner and liked to post in the ‘outfits’ in the photo gallery forum haha (back before fear of photos on the internet was such a thing i guess)

I was mostly recovered from my eating disorder by 2010/2011 and a few devastating life events knocked me out of internet land (terrible break up, sudden death of a best friend, sister diagnosed with cancer that they thought was terminal  ((BUT SHES OK!) and then some) and I lost track of what was going on with the community. I’ve mostly kept my eating disorder at bay with the odd mild-moderate relapse, but anxiety, depression and ADHD are things I continue to work on. 

Anyway... I mostly came here wondering if people were still around, or if there was another message board people have migrated to..

Oh and ALSO – does anyone know the history of the character Ruby Gloom (from the name of the old site Ruby's Gloomy Place?) I tried to look it up, but the internet only talks about it being something to do with stationary, and then a cartoon in 2006. But RGP the site was at least a few years before 2006?

• Ashley likes this

#2 kismet

kismet

New User

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:21 AM

also - I tried to add my old profile picture in but couldn't.. anyone know why? 

#3 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

Welcome back! I remember your user name. I don't know if you'll remember me (I've changed user names so that makes it nearly impossible to know who I am buy I've been around since the RGP days).

Did you use tapatalk to upload your photo? That's the only way I've been able to add photos.

Edited by phoenix, 10 January 2018 - 02:05 PM.

#4 kismet

kismet

New User

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

Have you had Phoenix for a while though? I recognize it from when I was on ms regularly (back around 2010 and earlier), not sure if it was you?

And thanks for the tapatalk tip! I got it :) 

#5 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

I changed usernames about 2 and half years ago. I didn't know there was another phoenix. I'll message you my old name (I had to change it because I thought that someone from real life found me on here). 

Yay on the photo upload! 

#6 someone_somewhere

someone_somewhere

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

I remember people having Ruby Gloom clothing (hoodies with cat ears?!) before 2006. Sorry, not much help. Welcome back though!

• lollipopHead likes this

#7 Tortured Angel

Tortured Angel

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:03 AM

I remember you! I remember you had an evanescence avatar, right? I can't even figure out how to put an avatar on, I keep trying but nothing shows up. Nice to see you again. Are you on the facebook?

#8 lollipopHead

lollipopHead

New User

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

Yes! I used the forums as RGP and I think it was named something else before that.
Each time I have returned my login hasn’t worked so i have had several accounts/ user names throughout the past many years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 inthebelljar

inthebelljar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:23 AM

I think the pre RGP forum was called Ana by Choice; at least that's what I was in before it turned into this one. Kismet, I remember you, too.

Crazy crazy to think it's been so long! I think I first found the forum around 2002 as well. How does time pass so quickly?!?

#10 Ashaleiie

Ashaleiie

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Yes! I’ve had multi user names since RGP but I was there <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • limon-miele likes this

#11 Ashley

Ashley

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

Hey! I remember your username. If you are the person I am thinking of... do you have blonde hair, and is your real name Darcy? My username on RGP was either Ashley or YahYouBetcha. I had palm trees or a flamingo as an avatar, and I also had an avatar of 2 one-way signs pointing in opposite directions. I miss RGP... it got me through a lot of dark times in my life too. I was in high school back then and didn't really have anyone to talk about my ED, so I was grateful to have found the forum. I was very active on the forum during the early 2000's up until 2008-2009 when I was in college

Tortured Angel, I remember you also!

Edited by Ashley, 05 June 2018 - 09:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq