304 replies to this topic

#301 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,123 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

Anxiety is horrid at the moment. Can't wait to get back home away from the noise and chaos and back into my own routine.
I did get to go out for a few hours on Christmas day with a friend which was nice. Good to get some sunshine. Have some more leave tomorrow for new years, but I think I'm going to spend that just chilling back at my apartment in the quiet for a while

#302 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:12 AM

(((N))) I'm sorry you're stuck in the hospital for so long and over the holidays. And that the drugs may come with horrible side affects. Did your family come to visit? I hope that you got to enjoy a few hours at home today. I wouldn't want to be in a hospital with all that noise and little privacy either. Xxx

#303 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,123 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for your support and understanding Phoenix. It's comforting to have someone care and relate to the trapped feelings etc.

My family didn't come up for Christmas, so that was a bit hurtful. My brother came down a couple of days before Christmas with my niece, which was nice, but none of my other family have bothered to come and see me. It really stung on Christmas especially. I've been in hospital over 7 weeks now, and my parents have only visited twice. None of my other brothers or sisters have visited and rarely even send text messages to keep in touch. I know I'm a grown adult and I have to deal with things on my own, and for the most part I've learned to do that well... there's just times (like christmas) where I wish my family was more supportive.

#304 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,123 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

I did get a few hours out on new years, which was nice. I just went home for a while to chill out, and organise my flat a bit, so I can work out where to store the TPN stuff and set up a sterile area for working with when connecting/ disconnecting/ changing dressings etc. The TPN nurse resumed my training today. I think we should be finished that by the end of the week :) so that's one positive. I may or may not have had a sneaky cider when I went home. Though I can't confirm or deny it :P

The new-potentially-fatal-medication came in and I have started it today. So far haven't noticed anything different, apart from a little tachycardia and more bloating? We'll see. I don't know how long it takes to start working? I don't know if it builds up and then starts or if it should start straight away. I'll ask the Drs tomorrow.

Still waiting for a solution to the wrong tube problem... I hope they find a replacement one soon, because it's leaking and my skin is on fire and it hurts so much just to touch the tube. The rep was going to organise something for the new year. I know it's only 8 days in to the new year, but still no word.

Also need to sort out stuff from a pain perspective. It's a lot better than it was now, but still very uncomfortable. Needing to take extras on top of the patches, which I'm hoping to get to a point where it's just the patches.

Hopefully everything gets moving and works out, and I'll only be here another week or 2. Just gotta hang in there. They've stopped/changed some of my anxiety/depression medications because they aren't compatible with the new med. This has been hard and my anxiety is really getting difficult. I get agitated by all the sounds etc. It's really stressing me out, so I hope something changes soon. If the new medication doesn't work, hopefully we can swap back to the ones I've been pretty stable on.

Edited by Nook, 08 January 2019 - 09:21 AM.

#305 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,123 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:28 AM

So i guess it's just a waiting game for now.

But yes, this is the alcohol free thread :P

I did have a few drinks on Christmas with my friend, though it made me pretty sick and (tmi) I think they just came up soon after.

So ending the year on 30/31

I'll start a new thread... even though it's really only me with the alcohol reduction/ quitting goals. It helps me track how I'm going and keep myself accountable, and it's nice to have support from people either encouraging me, or understanding the struggle/ feelings or relating etc. Thank you all x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq