4 replies to this topic

#1 somethingvague

somethingvague

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

I have just been told my little 16 year old niece was sexually assaulted. It happened at her place of work by a colleague where she works at weekends.

I am so fucking ANGRY that anyone would do this to my niece. She is still a child! I am really proud of her, as she contacted my sister straight away who called the police and took a statement and he was arrested. He's still in custody now.

My sister is in a bad way. My niece is blocking it out from what I can tell. I was assaulted last year and it took me until recently to really acknowledge what had happened so I understand that.

I'm just so scared for my niece. She has had anxiety for years and last year she told me she had self-harmed a few times. I hope she doesn't start that again now. I don't know why I'm starting this thread but I had to get this off my chest. I can't share this with anyone I know as I've promised I won't. I feel extremely protective over her and I am devastated this has happened to her

I'm medicated, how are you?

#2 april_rain

april_rain

Rainbow Unicorn

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:07 AM

(((((somethingvague)))))

I'm not sure what to say, but I wanted to reply and give you a virtual hug... 

#3 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

I'm sorry that happened to her.

A few years ago some stuff happened at work, to someone else, but it brought everything back for me.

It sounds like you guys have a good relationship. Maybe she'll feel like she can talk to you or at least let you be there for her. (Maybe it will help you too. I hope so.)

#4 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 27,616 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this ((hugs)). I don't know what to say. It's just horrible. I hope she will have support and feel safe enough to work through it.

Edited by Nook, 06 March 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#5 somethingvague

somethingvague

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:27 AM

Thanks everyone. It certainly does bring everything back to the front of my mind.

I've not spoken to my niece yet but my sister has told her to get I touch if she needs me. I hope she will of she wants to.

I'm medicated, how are you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq