#1 Wednesday

Wednesday

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:12 PM

I just watched the Doco about her. 

Am I the only one that didn't know that she died because of the combo of bulimia and alcohol??? 

I didn't even know she had an eating disorder. 

Pic because I miss her!

amy-winehouse-wallpaper-4.jpg

• Hello-Kitty likes this

#2 *mirror*image*

*mirror*image*

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:47 PM

Nah.. I knew, though i always thought the bulimia was speculated. The documentary i saw i think it was her brother who realized it was the eating disorder and spoke about it. It seemed the others were more focused on her lifestyle and alcoholism but yea..

Oh gosh though.. I don't even know if I'm remembering right.. does she even have a brother???.. .. I watched all these awhile ago. It seemed bulimia wasn't talked about initially and then a family member mentioned it and was adamant that it lead to and caused her death..

Sad sad.. ..

#3 Wednesday

Wednesday

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:57 PM

Nah.. I knew, though i always thought the bulimia was speculated. The documentary i saw i think it was her brother who realized it was the eating disorder and spoke about it. It seemed the others were more focused on her lifestyle and alcoholism but yea..

Oh gosh though.. I don't even know if I'm remembering right.. does she even have a brother???.. .. I watched all these awhile ago. It seemed bulimia wasn't talked about initially and then a family member mentioned it and was adamant that it lead to and caused her death..

Sad sad.. ..

Yeah she does have a brother. No one seemed to focus on the ED very much at all. In the doco, one of the studio guys said, 'She ordered a large plate of food, and then she was gone for like 45mins, and when we went in to the bathroom, she had completely redecorated it.' (paraphrased). 

But yeah, everyone seemed very much in denial that she had an ED at all... after watching the documentary it seems like it may have been a bigger problem than the drugs (because she came-and-went from the drugs, but the ED was always there). 

Anyway, at the end they said that the combination of alcohol with her weakened heart had caused her death. I don't remember the media ever commenting on her bulimia!

#4 someone_somewhere

someone_somewhere

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:24 PM

She lost a lot of weight very quickly (and always seemed to wear these ridiculously teeny shorts which didn't exactly help the situation...) and there was one Summer where her weight and her beehive was all the UK media really talked about. Paparazzi dream, I guess? I even remember people saying how every day she would go in the local newsagent and buy loads of junk food. It was all very public and here at least it was talked about? I watched the documentary ('doco'... you Australians [you're not Australian, but... you know, I'm very ignorant!] with your docos and regos and arvos :P) and it was so chilling seeing the footage of her as a teenager. I know it's cliché, but... such talent. Sad. I'm glad that it's her voice people remember and not her weight or eating though?

#5 Wednesday

Wednesday

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:32 AM

with your docos and regos and arvos :P

Haha you people don't shorten your words over there? 

I may not have been paying very much attention to the media around the time that Amy was at the height of her fame. I went through massive anti-media phases, especially when I was really unwell. (Media = toxic). Then again, in NZ we receive about 10% of what you get in the UK... 

#6 Hello-Kitty

Hello-Kitty

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:41 AM

I read about it but only after her death. Sad how people still don't think eating disorders are deadly. She is beautiful, so young so sad.
  • Wednesday likes this

#7 sarabear

sarabear

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:44 PM

I was watching a documentary Russell brand made about the war on drugs awareness and it had a lot of mention of her in it. Made me sad and nostalgic.

Addiction is a real beast. <3

#8 Hello-Kitty

Hello-Kitty

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:12 AM

She as herself and I don't change for others I admire that I just sad she lost to many illnesses

#9 Hello-Kitty

Hello-Kitty

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:12 AM

I was watching a documentary Russell brand made about the war on drugs awareness and it had a lot of mention of her in it. Made me sad and nostalgic.
Addiction is a real beast. <3

I need to look this up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq