340 replies to this topic

#341 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,551 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

This is so random as I just logged on here for the first time in months (tend to do so a couple of times a year, not really sure why!). How are you Nook?!!!! I miss you!!!

I can very happily say my life is completely different now - I have been recovered for 3 years and cannot imagine ever going back. I am not depressed, nor anxious, don't do a single self-destructive thing (oh except the occasional cigarette which I still find hard to give up haha) and am finally, gloriously, able to do uni - as a ripe old 33 year old I will graduate with a degree in psychology this October :D  I am working at the Black Dog Institute in mental health education and also as a research assistant at UNSW Kids Cancer Centre, and my goal is to do a D Psych and work with eating disorders- I am absolutely passionate about advocacy and changing the mental health system here in Aus. 

I really believed I would never get better- I thought I was going to be sick for the rest of my life, so to be so happy and stable is nothing less than remarkable for me. So if anyone is reading this who knew me back 'then', you'll know that it is bloody well possible to completely turn your life around and be well and happy, no matter how long you were sick for!!!

As for the others- I speak to Mikki occasionally, she is okay- has been in hospital in Norway recently and seems to be turning things around. Fat_kat is active on social media and has become quite successful as a model - she seems relatively healthy and happy but I haven't actually spoken to her for ages so I don't know that for sure. I spoke to Enola recently and she too is doing well :-)
Other users people may remember that I know are active on social media and I believe to be doing much better: LittleK, Jenrazzle, Satellite, Flin, Pinky, Amalia, Alaska, disenchanted, dangerouslyhot, Highlandhelen, greenapplecandy, Jeni, recherché, pixiangel, etc.

So whilst it is terribly sad that MiSu has lost so many members over the years, there are many, many more who have overcome and gone on to be well. We must not lose sight of this  ^_^

Oh my gosh! I am so happy to hear from you, and even more happy to hear you are doing so well! That's so amazing to hear!!! You have fought long and hard, and I'm glad it is paying off for you. Good luck as you finish your degree and good luck with your future endeavors. Oh, how wonderful change to the mh system in Australia would be! You are in such a unique and powerful position, having experienced it from both sides. I'll be praying you can make a difference x
Thank you so much for the updates. It's good to hear many past members are doing so well. That was my hope, but this site being what it is, there is always that uncertainty. So happy to hear people are moving forward positively though. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq