355 replies to this topic

#341 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 29,751 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

This is so random as I just logged on here for the first time in months (tend to do so a couple of times a year, not really sure why!). How are you Nook?!!!! I miss you!!!

I can very happily say my life is completely different now - I have been recovered for 3 years and cannot imagine ever going back. I am not depressed, nor anxious, don't do a single self-destructive thing (oh except the occasional cigarette which I still find hard to give up haha) and am finally, gloriously, able to do uni - as a ripe old 33 year old I will graduate with a degree in psychology this October :D  I am working at the Black Dog Institute in mental health education and also as a research assistant at UNSW Kids Cancer Centre, and my goal is to do a D Psych and work with eating disorders- I am absolutely passionate about advocacy and changing the mental health system here in Aus. 

I really believed I would never get better- I thought I was going to be sick for the rest of my life, so to be so happy and stable is nothing less than remarkable for me. So if anyone is reading this who knew me back 'then', you'll know that it is bloody well possible to completely turn your life around and be well and happy, no matter how long you were sick for!!!

As for the others- I speak to Mikki occasionally, she is okay- has been in hospital in Norway recently and seems to be turning things around. Fat_kat is active on social media and has become quite successful as a model - she seems relatively healthy and happy but I haven't actually spoken to her for ages so I don't know that for sure. I spoke to Enola recently and she too is doing well :-)
Other users people may remember that I know are active on social media and I believe to be doing much better: LittleK, Jenrazzle, Satellite, Flin, Pinky, Amalia, Alaska, disenchanted, dangerouslyhot, Highlandhelen, greenapplecandy, Jeni, recherché, pixiangel, etc.

So whilst it is terribly sad that MiSu has lost so many members over the years, there are many, many more who have overcome and gone on to be well. We must not lose sight of this  ^_^

Oh my gosh! I am so happy to hear from you, and even more happy to hear you are doing so well! That's so amazing to hear!!! You have fought long and hard, and I'm glad it is paying off for you. Good luck as you finish your degree and good luck with your future endeavors. Oh, how wonderful change to the mh system in Australia would be! You are in such a unique and powerful position, having experienced it from both sides. I'll be praying you can make a difference x
Thank you so much for the updates. It's good to hear many past members are doing so well. That was my hope, but this site being what it is, there is always that uncertainty. So happy to hear people are moving forward positively though. Thank you!

#342 inthebelljar

inthebelljar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

Emma, thank you for adding some light to this darkness!

I haven't read this thread for at least a year, and I got very emotional, as much for myself as for others. The messed up thing is that I'm still unwilling to believe that the ED will kill me eventually. I guess we just keep moving on...?

#343 katiejustkatie

katiejustkatie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:54 PM

RIP in Someone somewhere passed away in April.

Thhis iis old.... but i only found ouut when soomeone mentioned iit in the fb gruop. I duuno. I'm finding it really hard to get my head around thhis one adn im not entirely suure why. Adn i ffeell raeelly giulty annd self abbsorbed ccos i hhave no rihgt to be upset whhen it hhas nohthing to do wiith me. Buut? I duunno. Iim soory to thhose of yyuo who knew her well. Xxx
  • mbones likes this

#344 mbones

mbones

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

Thhis iis old.... but i only found ouut when soomeone mentioned iit in the fb gruop. I duuno. I'm finding it really hard to get my head around thhis one adn im not entirely suure why. Adn i ffeell raeelly giulty annd self abbsorbed ccos i hhave no rihgt to be upset whhen it hhas nohthing to do wiith me. Buut? I duunno. Iim soory to thhose of yyuo who knew her well. Xxx

Yes, you do have every right to be upset! This place has been a haven for so many of us. For me, I have always considered the community here as a kind of offbeat group of distant family members. Even if I don't know everyone, they're still important to me - that includes you!
When we lose someone from here (sadly it's been far too many) we ALL grieve. Because we're family.

You can message me any time if you wanna talk!

xoxo

❤️️  kaaa | banna

#345 katiejustkatie

katiejustkatie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:16 PM

Yes, you do have every right to be upset! This place has been a haven for so many of us. For me, I have always considered the community here as a kind of offbeat group of distant family members. Even if I don't know everyone, they're still important to me - that includes you!
When we lose someone from here (sadly it's been far too many) we ALL grieve. Because we're family.

You can message me any time if you wanna talk!

xoxo

Aaw thhanks for replying! You're rihgt thhiis place is liike a big community.... aadn ive thuoght of people ffrom here often, even thhuogh it's been years since iive bbeen on. It kinda feels like soomeone you wwere friendly with at school buut nnevver kept in touch with passing aaway? I ffeell guilty ccos i was iin touch with hher aaway ffrom here ffor a while buut we never kept it up. Imaennot in a 'i cuold haave prevented this' way (im not *that* self absorbed thhat i think mmy mere presence in someone's life wuuold maake it worth living ;) lol).... jjust. Regrets. I duunno.

Sorry this makes no sense. Adn my typing is shockin g tonight... concentration! Lol. Hhow are ypu? Xxx

Edited by katiejustkatie, 20 March 2019 - 08:16 PM.

• mbones likes this

#346 mbones

mbones

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

Aaw thhanks for replying! You're rihgt thhiis place is liike a big community.... aadn ive thuoght of people ffrom here often, even thhuogh it's been years since iive bbeen on. It kinda feels like soomeone you wwere friendly with at school buut nnevver kept in touch with passing aaway? I ffeell guilty ccos i was iin touch with hher aaway ffrom here ffor a while buut we never kept it up. Imaennot in a 'i cuold haave prevented this' way (im not *that* self absorbed thhat i think mmy mere presence in someone's life wuuold maake it worth living ;) lol).... jjust. Regrets. I duunno.

Sorry this makes no sense. Adn my typing is shockin g tonight... concentration! Lol. Hhow are ypu? Xxx

LOL girl your keyboard is not happy with you, huh? Haha!

❤️️  kaaa | banna

#347 katiejustkatie

katiejustkatie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:40 PM

LOL girl your keyboard is not happy with you, huh? Haha!

Hshs soorry my typiing turns to mush whhen im tiired!...thhink i can get a new braiin as easily as a nnew keyboard?? :P

#348 vampirexs

vampirexs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:39 PM

There's a FB group?

I can't believe how many friends / members we've lost over the years...

My hope is that many of the missing members are just busy living happy lives but given the nature of what brought us all to this forum it's hard not to expect the worst.

#349 Little Miss

Little Miss

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 12,219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:10 PM

Hope girl London had a cat, lived alone. Hope she is doing ok. Will edit go look for name if i can find it. Edit, talking about Little Miss.

Hi. I don't generally come on here anymore. Only popped in as was talking to a previous member and got curiously. I haven't had the best year. I lost my darling cat and gran who were both my rock and my uncle. Work is good though stressful and i love my volunteering job. Also will have a new furbaby next month. 😁

#350 Little Miss

Little Miss

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 12,219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:13 PM

Often wonder about ribbon, little miss, snailonvalium, miss meyer, lottie, Emma, gw-project, twinkling, letsholdhands, blackbird, cat, highlandhelen, and others i am forgetting right now. I really, really hope people are "ok" at least. I hate to think of people suffering so much....

I still see Twinkling when i can. 😁
  • Nook likes this

#351 Little Miss

Little Miss

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 12,219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

Last I knew about twinkling was that she had married and was expecting. That was nearly two years ago.

She had a beautiful baby girl, is now a senior mental health nurse in an ED unit and completed the London marathon today. 👍
  • Nook, Starlight and phoenix like this

#352 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 29,751 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

Hi. I don't generally come on here anymore. Only popped in as was talking to a previous member and got curiously. I haven't had the best year. I lost my darling cat and gran who were both my rock and my uncle. Work is good though stressful and i love my volunteering job. Also will have a new furbaby next month.

I'm so sorry for your losses :( that must be really hard ((hugs)).
Glad you are doing okay though and enjoying work etc. I hope your new furbaby helps :) thanks so much for checking in. Often wonder how you are x
  • Little Miss likes this

#353 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 29,751 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

She had a beautiful baby girl, is now a senior mental health nurse in an ED unit and completed the London marathon today.

That's incredible. Go twinkling!!! I'm so glad she is in a much better space. She was struggling so much last time she was on here (years ago). I'm so happy to hear that news, thank you!
  • Little Miss likes this

#354 Little Miss

Little Miss

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 12,219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

I'm so sorry for your losses :( that must be really hard ((hugs)).
Glad you are doing okay though and enjoying work etc. I hope your new furbaby helps :) thanks so much for checking in. Often wonder how you are x

Thanks. I'm really excited to be getting my new cat. I keep going to visit her as much as I can.

I do mean to check in here more often but I don't often think of this place anymore which is a little sad as it was such a huge part of my life.

Xx
  • Nook likes this

#355 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 29,751 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:15 AM

Thanks. I'm really excited to be getting my new cat. I keep going to visit her as much as I can.

I do mean to check in here more often but I don't often think of this place anymore which is a little sad as it was such a huge part of my life.

Xx

When do you get your new kitty? It's good you get to visit her :) if you remember, would love to see a pic of your new baby :)

#356 Little Miss

Little Miss

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 12,219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

When do you get your new kitty? It's good you get to visit her :) if you remember, would love to see a pic of your new baby :)

I will PM you x
  • Nook likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq