330 replies to this topic

#301 koshka

koshka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:10 PM

RIP in Someone somewhere passed away in April.

So sad to hear that. :(

RIP.

#302 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,185 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:56 PM

Does anyone know if Mikki is okay?

#303 esperenza

esperenza

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

i was wondering about Mikki as well.she hasn't posted in quite some time now. 

"I know why the caged Bird sings"

5'5.5 
HW: 159
CW: 103.4 
LW: 89
WG: 99

#304 *mirror*image*

*mirror*image*

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:10 AM

I'd thought about her too maybe a week ago and I thought well if somebody were to know it would be Nook (felt you guys had kept in touch in the past) and just thought if Mikki really wanted us to know something you would've posted so chose not to press the matter.

Anyways, kind of surprised to hear you don't know what's going on with her. Hopefully nothing but good things.

Maybe she'll pop her head on and see this thread??..

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

#305 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,185 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

I deleted facebook sometime ago, so since then haven't been able to keep up with people i did on there :( I'd have loved to have stayed in touch, but facebook was not good for my mental health, so had to step away from it.

I really hope Mikki (and all our other missing members... too many to name) are okay. I often wonder how people are holding up and just hoping that they are doing better

#306 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,628 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:08 AM

I'm sometimes tempted to go on FB (my page is deactivated and has been for most of the past two years) just to check on the misu members that I'm friends with but I dont want to deal with the MH issues that it triggers.

#307 *mirror*image*

*mirror*image*

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:20 AM

*edited due to a last name in photo*

Umm.. I've come across something upsetting on Facebook. I took Phoenix's cue and started digging on Facebook and came across a page belonging to an old member. I don't remember her screen name but her name was Darcy and she used to have a kitten with some pancakes I think as a profile picture. She was a really funny girl, really popular on the site. And uh. This was on her Facebook page:

(the second pic is what I got after pressing on 'legacy contact')

I don't want to jump to conclusions because I don't know anything and there's nothing else in her page that suggests she's passed but there hasn't been an update at all for a year.

I wish I could remember her screen name. My memory has failed! It was just so long ago..

I dunno? I feel awkward sharing this news. What does everyone else think?

*deleted first picture due to her name being in it/privacy reasons*

4d087832b9b49b6d0e8545135afe7ae8.jpg

Edited by *mirror*image*, 16 January 2019 - 09:36 AM.

#308 *mirror*image*

*mirror*image*

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:30 AM

I'm so embarrassed. I can't edit the last name out of the picture I have but I could provide a link to the Facebook page if anybody's interested?..

I still don't know what to make of the page.

#309 *mirror*image*

*mirror*image*

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:21 AM

Yes. I have found more bad news. Upon googling and searching further I have found a former member has passed away January 30th, 2018

If anybody is interested in any more information please dm me.

Due to privacy reasons I don't want to share anything more as I've forgotten her screen name and don't want to share her name out of respect.

Also I want to apologise before hand in case this news has already been shared and I've somehow missed it. Also apologize because my first post was erased by Tapatalk and now I've had to retype it and it's not coming out right this time

I am so disheartened by the news. She was quite the hilarious girl and always knew how to brighten this place up with her jokes and overall quirkiness.

I'm pretty gutted

R.I.P. Darcy ..

Edited by *mirror*image*, 16 January 2019 - 10:23 AM.

#310 mbones

mbones

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:27 AM

Yes, sadly, Darcy passed away a year ago. From what I understand it was due to x from a brain injury.

I originally met her on Deadjournal in 2003. She's had so many handles since then so trying to pinpoint her username used here has been difficult.

bugsnotdrugs? Something Saget?

Idk. I miss her so much. She was a rare type of human and the world is lacking so much light without her.

❤️️  kaaa | banna

#311 *mirror*image*

*mirror*image*

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:42 AM

Oh well Saget is definitely something she joked about at least . Ahhh.. I remember it having something to do with pancakes? But she had a name change or two and I just can't remember..

Thank you for letting us know she had in fact passed. I felt so awkward posting something about it. I had no idea until I was searching Facebook. What a blow. And such a sad loss!..

Edited by *mirror*image*, 16 January 2019 - 10:42 AM.

#312 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,628 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:10 PM

That's so sad. So many gone. It makes me wonder how many of the people who are no longer active on here have passed. I believe most just dont come here any more but any death is hard.

#313 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

Was her username Pseudomonas or something? And something with Honey in it before that, I believe.

ETA: Maybe not, as apparently that’s an illness..

I think there was a thread on here about it when it happened? But I can’t find it now.

Last time Mikki posted on FB was in August.

ETA again: It was a post in the FB group about members who had passed, started by Darcy..

Edited by Starlight, 16 January 2019 - 10:07 PM.

#314 phoenix

phoenix

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 7,628 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:38 AM

Is the FB group even active? I remember joining but then not much happened (maybe I got kicked off :P).

Wow! I didn't realize it had been that long since she had posted! Time goes so quickly.

#315 *mirror*image*

*mirror*image*

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:23 AM

Maybe I should just post the YouTube in memoriam? I don't think there should be a problem with that.

https://youtu.be/MzO2jds2U7w

Edited by *mirror*image*, 17 January 2019 - 01:28 AM.

#316 *mirror*image*

*mirror*image*

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:32 AM

Was her username Pseudomonas or something? And something with Honey in it before that, I believe.

ETA: Maybe not, as apparently that’s an illness..

I think there was a thread on here about it when it happened? But I can’t find it now.

Last time Mikki posted on FB was in August.

ETA again: It was a post in the FB group about members who had passed, started by Darcy..

You're right about both of them I believe. Especially Psuedomonas. I can remember that. I think she had a few over the years but that one sticks out as accurate for sure.

I'm having flashbacks of the old squidgels interface/website now!!! ..

Edited by *mirror*image*, 17 January 2019 - 01:34 AM.

#317 alittlelost

alittlelost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:35 AM

How about Ribbion and idareyoutoforget?

#318 Woozles

Woozles

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 17,805 posts
  • LocationVictorian Valhalla

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

I'm absolutely gutted to hear about someone_somewhere. Her posts have always been so relatable to me in the past, so I felt we had a connection because of that despite having never been particularly close. I'll miss her dark sense of humour most of all. I hope she's at peace now.

Also sad to hear about Darcy (Didn't she actually start the post in the FB group remembering all the members that've passed? :( I lurk there occasionally but don't post.) I think drugmeuphoney was her username. That's the one I remember anyway)

idareyoutoforget is active on social media, she *appears* to be doing well <3

Mikki's last Instagram post was in October. xx
  • alittlelost likes this

029hf8.jpgm_4325067cb395eabe5a27c711e24124ce.jpg6.jpg
You were appointed to save my life. You have failed me little Chaos, lover of the madness.

#319 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:58 AM

Also sad to hear about Darcy (Didn't she actually start the post in the FB group remembering all the members that've passed? :( I lurk there occasionally but don't post.) I think drugmeuphoney was her username. That's the one I remember anyway)

Yes & yes!

#320 alittlelost

alittlelost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

I'm absolutely gutted to hear about someone_somewhere. Her posts have always been so relatable to me in the past, so I felt we had a connection because of that despite having never been particularly close. I'll miss her dark sense of humour most of all. I hope she's at peace now.

I related to her so much as well. To be honest this was a huge wake up call for me. Woozles, hope you are doing well xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq