#1 Buttons

Buttons

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,103 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:52 PM

Yep, how much do you spend?

I spend minimum of £70 a week. (You could say food is an addiction of mine but I'm not talking about that here. I'm talking alcohol/cigarettes/drugs etc)

Fall down seven times, stand up eight.

#2 someone_somewhere

someone_somewhere

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, never have. I'm really quite clean-living apart from that whole eating disorder thing :lol: ATM I spend all my £247 a fortnight benefits (will get more again when I get out of hospital, but will also have more costs for other things) on food which is definitely my 'poison'. I typically spend it all the first week actually :o I also get extra money off my parents and 'don't pay' for a lot of food. My mum and IP buy all the food I keep down and also (unintentionally) a bit of what I puke. My mum pays for train tickets and my phone contract. I have no rent or bills to pay. About once a month I might buy some really cheap shampoo, conditioner and shaving gel, but that's it usually. My dad will often buy me anything that isn't food (clothes, magazines, toiletries etc.). I walk rather than get the bus. I never go out or anything... maybe very occasionally the cinema or a meal which my mum will pay for. A heroin habit would actually be cheaper than this! It's not even that I binge soooo much, just that I'm stupid and make such bad choices with what I buy. I do know how to b/p cheaply and do this at times (porridge, batter mix, rice, pasta etc.), but other times it's just like... I'll have this £3.90 Frappuccino, this tiny £5 tub of ice cream, this luxury olive bread... that'll make me feel better! :rolleyes: Talk about champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget. Only it's more like Pepsi Max lifestyle on a basics range lemonade budget. It's actually pathetic and I really need to change.

Edited by someone_somewhere, 03 April 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#3 charxUK

charxUK

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

If I'm taking coke along with booze then easily £130 min.

My housemate currently buys all the booze so I am lucky in that respect, she also likes me to do speed with her, which is filthy and cheap. So at the moment alcohol wise I am hardly spending anything.

If I was living on my own or single though Id be clearing at least £30 a week on alcohol....I'm quite a lightweight and through many years I'vd picked up ways to get drunk quicker...and therefore cheaper.

And I don't have standards when it comes to vodka. Aldis own all the way.

It's generally the cocaine that costs me more as I like the good stuff...ugh if I ever get a job I don't think I'd be able to help myself...and probz end up buying chop so I'd have more (although shittier quality.)

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” 

#4 someone_somewhere

someone_somewhere

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

If I'm taking coke along with booze then easily £130 min.

I read that as £130 a minute! That would be an expensive addiction ;) I also think if I got a job/had more money I'd not be able to help myself and end up spending even more.
  • limon-miele likes this

#5 charxUK

charxUK

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

^ I think if I got to that point It would be cheaper to go to rehab lol.
  • Nook and letsholdhands like this

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” 

#6 Buttons

Buttons

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,103 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

I read that as £130 a minute! That would be an expensive addiction ;) I also think if I got a job/had more money I'd not be able to help myself and end up spending even more.

Lol, I read it as that too!

Fall down seven times, stand up eight.

#7 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,185 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:22 AM

Probably between $20-$50 a week on alcohol... Depending how bad of a week I am having. Would love to be able to just "do" without it... But the night time anxiety gets too unbearable :(

#8 letsholdhands

letsholdhands

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

At least $20 a week on alcohol, and because I drink it with pepsi max most of the time it's about an extra $5. Although, I've had a certain someone gift me a bottle here and there so that definitely helps me. 

#9 SunshineBelle

SunshineBelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

Probably between $20-$50 a week on alcohol... Depending how bad of a week I am having. Would love to be able to just "do" without it... But the night time anxiety gets too unbearable :(

I totally get that about night time (and insomnia). I spent about the say per week. Alcohol is expensive here though

"It's always darkest before the dawn"

#10 Nook

Nook

Nook

• Members
  • 28,185 posts
  • LocationFighting!

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:35 AM

I totally get that about night time (and insomnia). I spent about the say per week. Alcohol is expensive here though

((hugs)) I'm sorry things are tough for you. Night times can be so unbearable at times... I want to stop drinking for so many reasons... But I can not seem to get through endless nights without it :( Hopefully something will change sometime soon. I really hope things get better for you too, you deserve so much more than all the suffering you are going through x

#11 charxUK

charxUK

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

Ugh no aprently I don't have standards with coke anymore either....slipping.

#12 Wednesday

Wednesday

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:19 AM

Ugh no aprently I don't have standards with coke anymore either....slipping.

:( How are things going? 

#13 charxUK

charxUK

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:56 AM

:( How are things going?

Not great.
I can't afford a fully fledged cole addiction on a £700 a month wage. But what disposoable income I do have...ugh I even spent £40 in taxi fares to get the damn stuff and it wasn't even flake. Ugh.

#14 Wednesday

Wednesday

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

Not great.
I can't afford a fully fledged cole addiction on a £700 a month wage. But what disposoable income I do have...ugh I even spent £40 in taxi fares to get the damn stuff and it wasn't even flake. Ugh.

Tough :( Time to switch to cheaper vices? Or give it up? Or prostitution? Sorry my help is not really helpful :(

(I don't think I coke is that avaiable in NZ! We only have Meth, which I won't touch. Probably this is a good thing, for me at least).

#15 charxUK

charxUK

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

Tough :( Time to switch to cheaper vices? Or give it up? Or prostitution? Sorry my help is not really helpful :(
(I don't think I coke is that avaiable in NZ! We only have Meth, which I won't touch. Probably this is a good thing, for me at least).

Meth is horrible. I think you can get anything anywhere if you look hard enough. Hmmm, thing is I can go months without touching the stuff, but when its in front of me...thats how it starts. X x

#16 Wednesday

Wednesday

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

Yeah I don't know about getting anything anywhere. The thing about NZ is that it's an isolated island ages away from any mainland. So people don't really bring things in by boat, it all comes in by plane, which means you have to be pretty good with getting through airport security. But I'm not really the one to know about these things anyway.

It's pretty well known that there's no true E left in NZ.  

I guess be grateful that there are periods of abstinence? Then try to radically accept the moments where you do end up engaging in it? (Rather than beating yourself up over it). At least that's the sort of approach I use for dealing with b/p-ing...

#17 xlollzx

xlollzx

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

I'm £70-80 a week minimum on my poison/addiction (laxitives). It's shit. Literally.

#18 sarabear

sarabear

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:56 PM

3.99 a day on average. (Sure beats my old 500 a day :x ) Sometimes a buck at the dollar store if desperate. Striving for zero now.

Edited by sarabear, 29 August 2015 - 01:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq