34 replies to this topic

#21 greta

greta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationSoutheast, us

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:48 PM

I forgot to add that I have long hair and it's not thick but I have a lot of it so it looks full and kind of thick.

I've heard it too many times to ignore it, it's something I'm supposed to be. -Rainbow Connection

#22 ribbon

ribbon

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,401 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

I have fine hair but lots of it so it can look quite thick. It's longish too. I wash it maybe every 3 days. 2-3 times a week. It doesn't get that greasy but when I used to wash it everyday it got greasy so much quicker.

#23 KatieFrank

KatieFrank

Raptor Squad for life.

• Members
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationNW UK

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:58 PM

2/3 times a week. Mines thick and the ends are dry as all hell thanks to ed and bleaching but the roots get very greasy after a couple days.

.Halloween all day every day.

Bbs9lGm.gif

facilis decensus averni

49 .:. 0/5

#24 sarabear

sarabear

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

Mine is very thin and damaged. Should be every other day or so. But my mood plays a role. I can wash it twice a day or twice a month. Who knows. I've been doing good these days though

#25 Maeve

Maeve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Location~over the rainbow~

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:39 AM

Hair like a horse's tail...can never put it up and do cute things with it cause by the time it's long enough to flop around, it's so thick it gives me a headache when up high. ugh  

If I wash it every day, it's too dry and I get dandruff something fierce, so every other day is best, sometimes every 3rd day.  It always looks best when it's a day dirty :)

xoxo

~~Life is like a piano: the white keys represent happiness, the black keys represent sadness.  As you go through life, remember that the black keys make music too~~

~~After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music~~Aldous Huxley

story%20copy_zpsejlgscp1.jpg  piano%20copy_zpsk7mppdt1.gif   hope%20copy_zpsvglvvhyz.jpg

#26 Fairy

Fairy

.⋆☆ * ˚ • ⋆ .

• Members
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

As little as I can get away with (dry shampoo = best invention ever)  :P but usually every 2 days.
My hair's naturally fine, flat and greasy and I hate it, and the ends are the opposite, like straw dry from bleach & colour. 

• Hello-Kitty likes this

#27 Maeve

Maeve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Location~over the rainbow~

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

I'm thinking of trying the "no 'poo" method as it sounds like it would be beneficial in the end; it will just be trying in the transitional period.

This is what I've read most recently about "no shampooing" (and some even claim no washing at all for years, but not this girl) and I think I want to try it.  Sometime. haha

http://livinginanoth...nt-use-shampoo/

It's a great blog and it's a good read anyway.  Something to think about :)

~~Life is like a piano: the white keys represent happiness, the black keys represent sadness.  As you go through life, remember that the black keys make music too~~

~~After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music~~Aldous Huxley

story%20copy_zpsejlgscp1.jpg  piano%20copy_zpsk7mppdt1.gif   hope%20copy_zpsvglvvhyz.jpg

#28 chasenbutterfl2

chasenbutterfl2

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationtimbuktu

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:36 PM

my hair dresser said you only need to wash once a week but that seems gross to me even if it's done well.

#29 Lottie

Lottie

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 4,180 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:03 AM

I spoke to a hairdresser today about this. Currently wash every 2nd day but want to decrease it (remembering I used to only have to do it weekly) She said I could probably get down to once every 4 days by first washing every 3rd day for a couple of weeks and if that goes well then pushing it to 4. It's better for the hair because the natural oils the body creates have time to reach the tips (while not being greasy). She also suggested doing it in winter so that not also dealing with perspiration (it is hot here!) Plus there is the added bonus of being able to hide your hair in a warm hat through the awkward phase :)
  • Hello-Kitty likes this

Practice, Patience, Persistence

imagejpg3_zps0b013c84.jpg     imagejpg4_zps71f54240.jpg

#30 Hello-Kitty

Hello-Kitty

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

I wash mine every other day for every 3 days in between like in the morning i use a dry shampoo if my hair looks greasy but it usually isn't.

#31 Starlight

Starlight

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

ATM I'm washing it every other day because (this is going to be *so* interesting, no idea why I'm even writing this down) I've recently dyed my hair again using henna. The first couple of days after I wash it daily because I'm not really into smelling like spinach. & then it kind of takes time to stretch back to twice a week or whatever.. And then I dye it again.

#32 Achromatic

Achromatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:28 PM

My hair is thick and wavy. It sits just on my collarbone. I usually wash it twice a week but sometimes I give my fringe a wash in between or use dry shampoo. I straighten it at least once a week but usually twice, although I only do a really thorough straightening if I'm going out to a group thing (friend's birthday meal/drinks etc). The ends are in terrible condition but other than that, it's not too bad. I chopped loads of it off when a combination of screwy thyroid and ED destroyed it.

#33 Luna

Luna

PhD in Forumology

• Members
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:01 AM

When my hair was long I could go two-three days without washing it but now my hair is short I wash it every other day otherwise it sticks up in weird places and looks awful.

#34 TinyButterfly

TinyButterfly

• Moderators
  • 66 posts
  • Locationtake an educated guess

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

really long hair and I wash it daily, sometimes with shampoo, other times with the cleansing gel from my daughter. I just can't get in the shower and not wash it.

#35 Anarchie

Anarchie

New User

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:41 AM

Daily. Also caused by my ocd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq